Registered Nurse (RN) with strong clinical skills for Home CarePosition Summary:
Registered Nurse on a PRN basis to conduct in-home assessments with new and existing home care clients who need personal care covering Milwaukee County and surrounding areas in the state of Wisconsin. Maintain compliance with agency policy and procedures. DUTIES: The RN supervisor shall perform all of the following duties:
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Evaluate the needs for services and make referrals to other services as appropriate
- Secure written orders from the client’s physician. These orders are to be renewed every three months unless the physician specifies that orders covering a period of time up to one year are appropriate, or when the client’s needs change, whichever occurs first.
- Develop a plan of care for the client, giving full consideration to the client’s preferences for service arrangements and choice of personal care workers, interpret the plan to the personal care worker, including a copy of the plan in the client’s health record, and review the plan at least every 60 days and update it as necessary.
- Promptly notify a client’s physician or other appropriate medical personnel and legal representative, if any, of any significant changes observed or reported in the client’s conditions.
- Develop appropriate time and service reporting mechanisms for personal care workers on their use.
- Give the personal care worker written instructions about the services to be performed and demonstrate to the personal care worker how to perform the services
- Evaluate the competency of the personal care worker to perform the services.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse under 441.06 Stats
- At least one year of supervisory or administrative experience in personal care services or in a related program
- Training and experience in the provision of personal care services or in a related program
The above list reflects the essential functions and other job functions considered necessary of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, or assigned by supervisory personnel. This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of all responsibilities and job duties.